disABILITY LINK has several programs focused on employment. We are an Employment Network the Ticket to Work program which provides Social Security disability beneficiaries who want to work with access to free employment support services. As an Employment Networks (EN) we can help with career counseling and assistance with job placement, including helping understand how benefits may be affected by work. We also provide services for employment for GA Vocational Rehabilitation Agency that provides opportunities to meet new employers and possibly gain employment and/or skills through the internship program, volunteer programs and job placement.
Individuals will meet with the Employment Specialist and develop a program that is specific to the individual and their goals.
disABILITY LINK is proud to offer the LEAPS program (Locating Employment Avenues with Peer Support) to our consumers.
LEAPS provides the following:
- Assistance with employment readiness skills (including interviewing, resume preparation, and job searching)
- Regular job leads for a variety of local employment opportunities
- Both one-on-one and group centered peer support
- Connections to state and community-based organizations such as the Benefit Navigator Program and Manpower
- Familiarity with the Americans with Disabilities Act and other applicable employment regulations
- Educating employers about hiring people with disabilities and how to provide workplace accommodations
Dress for Success is now a partner with disABILITY LINK to provide professional clothing to the women involved in the LEAPS Employment Program.
The LEAPS program is provided free of charge to all people with disabilities. You must RSVP to attend.
If you have trouble with the form or uploading your resume, Please contact Fran Durbin at 404-687-8890 x117 or firstname.lastname@example.org to register.