Travel Training (Mobility Management)
disABILITY LINK’s Mobility Management Program provides comprehensive, customized trip planning assistance and travel training for persons with disabilities. This service provides the opportunity for people to be in control of their own travel plans and promotes a more independent life. disABILITY LINK also provides group training workshops and presentations on trip planning and travel-training options for the region’s Voucher Travel Assistance Program (VTAP) community.
Eligibility: People who have a disability.
• Training on how to read and apply bus schedules
• Customized, fully mapped-out trip plans
• Safety precautions to follow on or off fixed route and origin to destination services.
• Individual travel training
• Group Transit Mobility Training
• Support with scheduling information, referrals, transit applications, reservations, rights and responsibilities of riders and transit operators.
Delivery: One-on-one and group training sessions that are tailored to the needs and skills of each consumer.
Cost: disABILITY LINK’s mobility management services are delivered at no cost to the consumer.